(Semi) Raw Zucchini Hummus

{ Thursday, July 29, 2010 }
I opened my fridge to look for a snack to enjoy while watching Rookie Blue (don't judge me....I just want to support home-grown talent...) and all I found was a sad little zucchini. Thankfully, in the 10th Anniversary edition of VegNews there was a recipe for raw zucchini hummus that I have been dying to try, because how weird is that? I didn't make it completely raw because I only had regular tahini, but I don't think it would make that much of a difference taste-wise, especially since I cut down the amount of tahini in the recipe by a lot. It called for a 1/2 cup, but tahini is expensive and that would've been my whole jar, so I just used a heaping tablespoon. This is a tasty dip—very light and refreshing, a lovely counterpoint to melodramatic Canadian cop shows.

Raw Zucchini Hummus (makes a little over 1 cup)
Adapted from VegNews

1 zucchini
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon tahini
2 tablespoons olive oil
paprika, for garnish

Scrape the skin off the zucchini, remove the ends, and chop into little pieces.

In the bowl of a food processor, place all ingredients except paprika.

Blend, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, until humus is quite smooth.

Put hummus in a pretty bowl and garnish with paprika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment