Dippy Overnight Oats

{ Sunday, September 26, 2010 }
One of the best ways to save money is to never waste food. It's also good karma. My (temporary?) profession working in a couple of restaurants exposes me to a lot of food wasting. I can't understand why people don't want to take their leftovers home. Is it not "classy"? You know you'll be hungry again in a couple hours. At least, I usually am.

Anyways, I bought this peanut butter at the dollar store, because it was $1.50 for 500g, and that's really cheap. I tried to find the brand on the internet but it doesn't seem to exist. But it's called Dippy and there's a cute little elephant on the label and it says it's a product of India. I got down to the bottom of the jar and needed a way to use up the last extra bits of peanut butter. Enter: overnight oats.

Dippy Overnight Oats (serves 1)

1 almost-empty peanut butter jar
1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup almond milk
1/4 cup water
dash of cinnamon
sweetener, to taste

Stir all ingredients together in the peanut butter jar and stick it in the fridge before you go to sleep. Wake up, grab a spoon, and enjoy! It may look a little gross, but it is tasty and refreshing because it's cold. And now you have a super-clean peanut butter jar that's ready to be recycled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment