Food Finds: (Jousting) Marshmallow Peeps

{ Wednesday, March 24, 2010 }
Let me preface this by saying I do not like eating Peeps.  There's just something about them - the texture, the odd colors, the beady little eyes - that doesn't appeal to my taste buds.

This does not mean, however, that I do not enjoy Peeps.  My cousin's husband introduced me to the miracle of Peeps in a microwave several Easters ago.  Pop the candy confection in the microwave and within seconds their bodies have swollen to the size of softballs, the heads remaining comically small, until they implode.  It's a mess - and I love it.

I thought Peeps in a microwave couldn't get any better until I saw this article on the HuffingtonPost website. Yes, there is such a thing as "Peep Jousting," where someone inserts toothpicks into two Peeps, sets them in a microwave, and nukes them.  The winning Peep successfully pierces its opponent, releasing a billowing puff of sugar and steam.

I might just have to buy a pack of Peeps tomorrow and see this for myself.  After all, I'm all for cheap thrills.

1 comments:

BarelyVogue said...

Aww how yummy i want to eat them now
http://barelyvogue.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment